What is a web clip?
Web clip is a copy of a web page, or a portion of it, saved for later use.
- Let us say you have liked what you saw on a web page such as an article, a picture or a video.
- You want to save the URL or page contents for use at a later date.
- Or, simply, you want to return to the page later when you have more time.
- You clip the page. You snag it, or copy it.
- Save it on your computer or any mobile device.
- Save it using a web clipper program such as Evernote.
What you need:
- An account with a web storage facility like Evernote.
- Internet connection.
- A clipper program that works with your browser to save the web page. Evernote web clipper, for example, is available for almost all browsers.
Note: A web clipper program is usually an extension to the web browser. A browser extension program is also called a plugin.