What is a QR code?
QR code is a pictorial representation of text. It is a picture format that can be scanned by a barcode reader and convert it back to text.
- Let us say you want to share a long web address with a friend.
- The address is too long and you or your friend may make mistake during copy-paste operation.
- So you convert it into a QR code and send it or share it via twitter or Facebook.
- Your friend uses a barcode scanner in her mobile and retrieves the web address.
- The scanner also provides an option to launch the address in a browser.
Scan the QR code above and see where it takes you.
What you need:
A program to convert text into QR code.
A barcode scanner to retrieve the coded text into plain text.
Note: There are many programs online which can convert text to QR codes for free. The scanners are also available for free.