What is tethering?
Tethering is a means to connect two devices.
- Let us say you want to connect your mobile phone to your laptop.
- There are three modes of connection possible between the two devices.
- The modes are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB.
- Check which modes the two devices have in common.
- Choose the one that best suits your purpose.
- Tether the devices according to the help manual provided or seek expert advice.
Check out whether your devices support hardware connection only, or software or both. Most mobile devices now offer all modes, but the desktops and laptops of the previous generation (read 5 years ago) may not.
What you need:
- Devices that have common connection modes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB
- Tether as per the instructions of the device or seek expert advice
Note: Each connection mode has a limited range and may have proprietary restrictions.