What is a torrent?
Torrent is a source file that contains information about a target file available for download. The target file is available in chunks from several online systems called peers. It is a file transfer protocol called BitTorrent.
- Let us say you want to download a game program that is very huge in size.
- You are likely to face power cuts or may not be able to keep the computer on for hours.
- You search the web for a torrent file of the game.
- You start the torrent downloader program on your device and start the download.
- The download takes place sequentially and in the background whenever your device is on and connected to the Internet.
What you need:
A torrent client for your device and Internet connection.
Note: A Torrent client program downloads bits of the target file from several online computers and assembles them into one seamless whole. Many torrent files are illegal and may pose a security risk.