What is spam?
Spam is unsolicited junk email.
- Let us say that you have received in your email INBOX mails from unknown senders.
- They may be directed at your email ID, or sent to several unknown IDs, or even to undisclosed recipients.
- If you have an email account with a good email service provider, you will have a bulk folder.
- The provider determines (usually correctly) the email as junk and drops it in the bulk folder for review and delete if necessary.
- The bulk email folder is really a spam guard, so that your INBOX is not flooded with unsolicited emails.
My bulk folder
Gmail provides an excellent spam guard.
What you can do:
- Visit your bulk folder as often as you can to review and clean up.
- Sometimes a new email from a legitimate sender is incorrectly determined as junk email.
- Move legit email to your INBOX. Check the email help to find out how.
Note: If you think you got an unsolicited email, you may report it as spam. Check out your service provider’s help pages on how to do this.