What is Rich Text?
Rich text is text with features such as bold, italics or underline. It may also contain indentation, bulleted lists or different text styles.
- Let us say you are writing a short memo.
- You need to put a title to it.
- A body of text below it.
- And a footer where you want to sign off.
- In each case you want the text to look different.
- The header must look big and bold, the body plain and the footer in italics, perhaps.
- This is where you will need a rich text editor to do the job.
What you need:
- A rich txt editor
- Save the text in Rich Text Format, called RTF.
Note: Most word processors can be used to edit and view document saved in RTF format.