What is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a technology that enables devices to connect wirelessly over a limited range of about 3 to 5 meters.
- Let us say you want your hands free when you talk into your mobile phone.
- Purchase a Bluetooth hearing aid that connects with your mobile phone (assuming that your mobile phone I’d Bluetooth-enabled).
- In order to establish communication between the hearing aid and the mobile phone, you need to setup the connection as explained by the phone vendor.
- The procedure to connect different Bluetooth devices is called tethering.
- Two mobile phones are even different devices such as a tablet and a mobile hone may also be tethered to establish communication between the two devices.
Nokia device to a Nokia headphone tethered wirelessly. No messy wires dangling from your ears. Just a small rectangular contraption glued to your ear with a hook and an ear bud.
What you need:
Bluetooth-enabled devices which can be tethered.
Read the instruction manual supplied with the devices for more information.
Note: All Bluetooth devices cannot be tethered together because of proprietary reasons.